2 Large Potatoes
Olive oil (low calorie spray is best)
- Preheat the oven to 150°c, 300°f, Gas Mark 2
- Cut the edges of the potatoes to create potato cuboids (don’t throw cut offs away)
- Next cut the potato into roughly 4-6 smaller cuboids (that look a little like jenga blocks)
- Boil the cut potatoes for 15minutes
- Drain, and leave to sit on a dry tea towel, or piece of kitchen roll
- Line a baking tray with tin foil, shiny side up and spray an even covering of oil across it (if you are using normal olive oil, use a piece of kitchen roll to spread an even coating)
- Dab off any excess moisture on the potatoes, then arrange on the prepared baking tray
- Spray another even coating of the oil on the potatoes and add a pinch of salt
- Put in the oven for 15-20 minutes and then turn the potatoes, if they look dry add another couple sprays of the oil (you don’t want dry chips) at this point turn the oven to 190°c, 375°f, Gas Mark 5
- After turning place back in the oven for 30-40 minutes, turning every 10 minutes, getting an even colour.
- Once golden on all edges, remove from the oven, stack on a plate add another pinch of salt and voila!
Perfect to serve with steak, stir-fry, chicken, vegetarian sausages, and many more!
Use the off cuts to make spicy potato wedges, visit again to find out how!