Ingredients for Cheese Sauce
3-4 tbsp Flour
1 Knob of Butter
1 pint Milk
3 Mugs of Cheese (grated)
400g Chicken Breast
4 Rashers Unsmoked Bacon
100g Button Mushrooms
6 Handfuls Pasta
- On a medium heat brown off the chicken and leave to one side to cool
- Cook the chopped bacon, add the mushrooms to the same pan until slightly golden, leave to one side to cool
- Boil the pasta for roughly 20 minutes
- While the pasta is cooking, measure the flour and butter into a saucepan, season lightly with pinches of salt, pepper and garlic salt
- Add the milk with the saucepan still off of the heat, then place on the heat and continuously stir (don’t want lumps!)
- Once the sauce has began to thicken, sprinkle in the grated cheese, bit by bit, until all has melted
- Add the cooked chicken, bacon and mushrooms to the sauce and heat through
- When the pasta is cooked, drain it, and then combine with the sauce
- Heat the whole dish through in the saucepan
- Garnish, serve and enjoy!
Test the sauce to your taste; if it tastes bland, add more garlic, salt or pepper.
Mixed herbs added to the sauce bring a whole new depth to your dish! Yum!
Reduce your washing up by cooking all ingredients in turn in one saucepan, apart from the pasta!
If your sauce is lumpy, try using a whisk and briskly stirring.
Left over sauce can be contained in a glass jar, refrigerated and reheated another time!